Monday 18 February 2013

Fancy doing something different?

That was the question in hand, posed by a friend while we drank at the bar one Friday evening. And so began a 3 year dalliance with triathlon. Which was a good period of time considering my speed in the water was not unlike a barge, and I hated running.

The bike was  a different matter. Although not in the Cavendish class, I wasn't bad at it, and loved the sense of freedom and speed. The lycra fetish helped convince me that this was the way to go. So I dispensed with the budgie smugglers, and the stinky trainers to concentrated on the bike. And what a bike it was; a Giant TCR triple with clamp on tri bars that I never did get the hang of. In fact those bars were responsible for not only some of the most spectacular crashes I've had, but some of the most spectacular crashes caused! The best being a 6 man pile up after I was jolted from a dream like state by passing group of riders - I wobbled but just about held it, the group attempting to pass weren't so lucky

Needless to say the bars went.

No comments:

Post a Comment